Jeffers Law Office

Kansas Divorce FAQ Get answers to important questions such as: How long does it take to get a divorce in Kansas? How long do you have to reside in Kansas to file for divorce?

Our Attorneys

I have been practicing law since 1979. While I am able to reach out-of-court settlements and agreements in most of my cases, I am also an experienced litigator who can assert your rights and protect your interests in civil or criminal court. As a Kansas City family law attorney, I represent clients in matters including divorce, child custody, child visitation, alimony and more. A complete listing along with specific information on each of my areas of expertise is provided under Areas of Practice. My law firm is based in Overland Park, Kansas, but I serve clients throughout Johnson County, Wyandotte County, Leavenworth Count and Miami County.

Read More »

Free Consultation

Thank you for visiting the Jeffers Law Office website. I hope you will find value in the information provided here and will contact me for a free consultation regarding your situation.

Read More »

Divorce Resources

Divorce is a legal termination of a marriage. To obtain a divorce in Kansas, the petitioner must have been a Kansas resident for at least 60 days. There are three grounds for divorce: incompatibility (no fault); failure to perform a material marital duty or obligation; and incompatibility by reason of mental illness or mental incapacity of one or both spouses.

Read More »

Mark T. Jeffers serves clients in Johnson County, Wyandotte County, Leavenworth County and Miami County from his office in Overland Park, Kansas. Also serving Leawood, Lenexa, Olathe, Prairie Village and Shawnee.

we take credit cards for law services